Sunday 5 January 2020

The Warhound and the World’s Pain by Michael Moorcock



"I wondered now if Lucifer had been defeated and if, in His defeat, He had taken Sabrina's should with Him and would continue to claim mine."



One minute you're a soldier fighting in bloody conflicts. The next minute you're making deals with the devil because you meet a gorgeous lady in a castle and decide she's worth selling your soul for.

That's the basic premise of this tale and I had a difficult time tracking a copy down. I'd seen it on this list of devilish books to read. Thankfully  iBooks provided the goods and I devoured the tale with impish abandon. 

While I enjoy the vast scope of fantasy reads that concern themselves with the ultimate symbol of evil, I was relatively ambivalent about this one.


3 out of 5 fantasy reads are not bound for salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment