Wednesday 21 August 2019

The Spy and the Traitor


"One does not look twice at an offer of enrolment in an elite force."

I am a long term fan of espionage related fiction and will sometimes dip my toe into a real life tale. I am fairly certain I heard about this particular book on a podcast and yet the circumstances have completely slipped my mind. I've since discovered it was Chat 10 Looks 3 - the delightful podcast from Annabel Crabb and Leigh Sales.

As you can tell from my reading habits of late, I'm a little preoccupied with work, life and all that jazz. In any case this sounded like a ripper of a read and I hurried on to Booktopia to secure a copy.

Much as any spy operation would in real life, well I imagine, patience is a virtue. This is a slow burner of a book and requires significant investment up front for an amazing pay off.
One of those rare instances where the blurb on the back is spot on in relation to its hyperbolic statements. What makes this story so tantalising is the human aspects of it and the impact it has on all its protagonists.





 5 out of 5... the truth is way more interesting than fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment