Tuesday 29 August 2017

Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead



"Thinking of my ankle made me think of Grant, and thinking of him made me think of his hands on my leg, and thinking of that..."

Undoubtedly I made for a somewhat tragic figure reading a Glittering Court romance on the sand during my holiday. That being said, I regret nothing. I do so enjoy a dalliance in Richelle Mead's other worlds. In fact, I'm ashamed to admit that I've fallen in love with Grant, which might make things a little difficult for our heroine, Mira.
The latest instalment in this extravaganza of big gowns, big hair, big jewels and the odd pirate completely delivers. It might have taken longer to get into than I would have liked, however that was entirely due to life getting in the way of reading - don't you hate when that happens?
This was quite possibly the perfect selection of pool side reading material, provided no-one was looking over my shoulder. Was it the sun or was Grant getting more dashing and appealing?

The amazing Nicki was kind enough to loan me this copy and I might be returning it slightly sun damaged and sandy - I apologise profusely, I just had to finish it. Drawn into danger and adventure and excitement and sneaking out, it was just like being seventeen again. Which is kind of fitting, since the last time I was here ( on holidays in Vanuatu), I was that exact age - full of enthusiasm and unconcerned about dull things.

Far from dull, Mead's latest addition is a joy... and now I eagerly await more. Get tapping those keys Richelle, the back cover says "trilogy" and I'm hanging out for the next one.


5 out of 5 because a girl has to be a fighter and a dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment