Sunday 23 June 2019

The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay


"As the words left my mouth, I realised that, like a true aficionado  I'd just appropriated an Austen line."

If you've read my blog previously, you will know how much I love to complete a list of any kind. So, I can report with a great deal of satisfaction, that I've ticked off all 5 of Vulture's Five Essential Novels with Jane Austen as a Premise. Certainly some have been better than others, nevertheless I certainly rounded the list out on a positive note.

The Austen Escape is an escapist delight. Mary, an engineer agrees to attend a two week Jane Austen themed stay in the UK with her Jane Austen obsessed friend. It turns out however, that her friend has been hiding a rather interesting secret and is about to have a bit of a meltdown. All sorts of shenanigans are about to ensue and Mary is about to learn that the famous chronicler of manners might have some keen insight in matters of the heart even in today's cynical world.

A super easy read that was the perfect antidote to a stressful week of work.


5 out of 5 escapes should involve romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment