Sunday 16 May 2021

My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem

 


"Like a jazz musician improvising, or a surfer looking for a wave, or a bird riding a current of air, you'll be rewarded by moments where everything comes together."

I've wanted to read this for quite some time now and was definitely not disappointed. Gloria Steinem is my spirit animal - someone that can't sit still and understands both the appeal and rewards of travel, apart from all the other amazing work she has done. Ms Steinem is the kind of woman that makes me think 'what the hell am I doing with my life', as I would have to never sleep again to attain her level of accolades and yet she gives us the gift of this book that talks about the importance of listening intently and acting where possible, of finding out what the big, wild, world has to offer and cherishing its lessons.
A love story to the road, to women and to a full life. Its hard not to feel charged up after reading this delightful read, as delighted as you'll be by a torrent of anecdotes, there's an underlying impetus to continue the journey in your own fashion, at the very least so you'll have interesting tales to spin in old age.

5 out of 5 - grab yourself a copy for your next trip out there in the big unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment