Monday 18 August 2014

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine




“Nice, the brutally honest part of her mocked. You’d sacrifice Shane’s life for what you want, because you know that’s what would happen. Eventually, the vampires would find an excuse to kill him. You’re not any better than the vampires if you don’t do everything you can to prevent that.”


This has been in my “currently reading” pile for what seems like a millenium – okay I’m a little prone to exaggeration. I wonder why it has taken so long to finish, possibly because I was tempted by so many other literary treats concurrently. Perhaps the reason has to do with a convoluted plot that I was continually diving in and out of, over a long period of time. Or possibly, red wine is winning the battle over my brain cells.

In any case we’re back in Morganville and, as per usual, Claire has gotten into more trouble than she bargained for, entering into a contract with Amelie that will see her spending some quality time with a deranged, sick, ancient vampire – well it beats watching tv. Throw in the usual love angle dillemas and I think we have the action covered.

I really loved the previous forays into the series, this one left me a little cold, yet eager to see if things heat up. So, I guess I'll give the series the benefit of the doubt and keep progressing through it, I just don't think this is the best of the bunch.

3 out of 5 vampires need their teeth whet.

No comments:

Post a Comment