Tuesday 24 March 2015

Affliction by Laurell K Hamilton


"I made a small, helpless noise of happiness, and he laughed so deep a sound that it should have had teeth and claws around it."

Goodness, there was a moment there where I would never have believed that I would stick out the journey with necromancer, serial polyamorous lover of all things were , vamp and the like. Nevertheless, here I am about to wax lyrical about my latest interlude with Anita Blake.
Perhaps I need to get out more...

I think this particular outing represents a return to force. Ms Hamilton has managed to combine all the good bits and the story has a pace that entices. Did I mention stinky rotten zombie vampires? They make for some evil villains. Not to mention, a good dose of Micah, Nathaniel, Jean Claude, and a whole load of darling Nicky.

Anita gets to meet the parents when it comes to Micah’s family unit, but not in the way you might imagine. His Dad is rotting away and only Anita and one of my faves, Ed/Ted, and the rag tag gang can save the day.

I'd love to tell you more, but come on.. you know this is a guilty pleasure best experienced solo.


5 out of 5 hot, sweaty vampires ( can vampires sweat?)

No comments:

Post a Comment