Sunday 22 May 2016

Slade House by David Mitchell


"The steps up to Slade House are mossy and stained, the once-proud door is peeling and rotten and the knocker is chewed by rust and time."


So being the lucky lady that I am, I received a beautiful copy of this fantastic novel for Christmas from my utterly awesome friend Nicki. I didn't realise then that I should have read The Bone Clocks  first, let's face it, it is sitting in my to read pile. That being said, this works just as well as a stand alone tale; and what a tale it is.

I absolutely love parallel universes, time travel, ghosts and a mystery, so this encapsulates a little of all those notions and does so brilliantly. So much delightful, soul sucking mystery housed in such a little book with a mysterious address that is only open to a select few.

My hesitation to share any further details stems only from a deep desire that you too enjoy this book as much as I did. So, in the words of Molly Meldrum " do yourself a favour" and grab a copy.

5 out of 5 times google will never find this place.



No comments:

Post a Comment