Tuesday 29 October 2019

The Blood of an Englishman (Agatha Raisin 25) by M.C.Beaton

"Charles noticed that Agatha insisted on repairing her make-up before approaching Gareth Craven’s house.
His fears that Agatha might be in the grip of one of her unfortunate obsessions died when he met Gareth. The man was handsome, but in rather a weak way."

Breaking my ankle has really put a spanner in the works of my novel reviewing. I finished number 25 of the Agatha Raisin series back when I had two functioning legs and my brain was addled by lack of sleep and work stress. One's priorities shift when one's abilities are impaired.

Anyway, I'm trying desperately to recall what happened in number 25 but I remember that I enjoyed it immensely and was super eager to explore the next edition. The details are slowly coming back to me. There is a rather horrific death at a pantomime that sets the scene for gory drama. Not enough Bill Wong for my liking - let's face it he has now become my favourite due to James Lacey's ambivalence and Sir Charles's unreliability. Okay I still like Charles I just don't want Agatha to wind up with him.

 5 out of 5 enjoyable antics.



No comments:

Post a Comment