Tuesday 29 October 2019

Why Kill the Innocent (Sebastian St. Cyr #13) by C.S. Harris

“Now in his fifties, he was monstrously overweight, endlessly self-indulgent, notoriously dishonest, and reviled by the same populace that had loved him so long ago.”


This should have been a home run. I was unable to bear weight and had nothing to do but read. Heaven I hear you say. Doubly so because I had the latest Sebastien St, Cyr novel to hand. Alas my foggy brain would have none of it! In what I can only describe as a wickedly cruel fog, my brain resisted the urge to read.

Then, one fine day, the fog lifted and I was able to launch back into the mystery of the murdered piano teacher. Royalist plot? Dodgy husband? What is behind the murder of Jane Ambrose?

Naturally there will be drama with Sebastien's inlaws and who knows who else. Death, drama, intrigue all lay ahead. Did I mention there's a frost fair - perfect for those Doctor Who fans who know what really lies under the ice.

 5 out of 5 - like Britney says ... gimme more.



5 out of 5 piano teachers should not tinkle away prematurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment