Tuesday 16 June 2020

In the Flo by Alisa Vita





"Before I realised I had to honour my second clock, my hormonal problems had drained my energy to the point where I was barely able to accomplish the basics of daily living."

This was recommended to me by someone in relation to ongoing crappiness that goes along with being female and the inability to shift pesky pounds that seem to just all want to jump on board an already overburdened lifeboat.I can't rubbish this entirely. There are some really interesting concepts here, its just that it is written like a marketing brochure or a 1970s style self help book. 
That format that goes...'for years I struggled with...a,b,c.... and now you can learn from my patented program", followed by a link to a website to sign up for additional paid content and apps.I respect that publishing doesn't make anyone rich these days but it just seems a little too much for my tastes. What I did learn and adopt was to cut out coffee and I think she's unfortunately right on that front. I'm less shaky and some other issues are less annoying. You don't understand how deep my love of coffee runs, so perhaps my dislike of the book was exacerbated by the fact it separated me from my favourite milky concoction.

I applaud anything that teaches women more about how we actually function. I've seen plenty of doctors who seem as mystified as a layman when it comes to women. So this is an unenthusiastically positive review. Worth a look and I think the changing foods and exercise in line with the time of your cycle makes sense. Hormones hey, can't live without them, but sometime they drive you up the wall.

3 out of 5 - way too many uses of the term 'bio-hacking'.



No comments:

Post a Comment