Sunday 15 November 2020

I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron

 

“Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was twenty-six. If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don't take it off until you're thirty-four.”

Nora Ephron's short story collection is just non stop delight in my opinion. The creator of When Harry Met Sally and author of Heartburn was a phenomenal writer and these short stories showcase her ability to capture the strange and often hilarious aspects of a woman's life. It is tragic that she died in 2012 and isn't around to write more entertaining treatises.
The trials and tribulations of removing unwanted hair, the youth affirming properties of hair dye, the utility of an unattractive handbag and the dramas of parenthood and ageing, are all delivered with wit and humour and with a voice that is utterly compelling. First published in 2006, these delightful essays don't get old.

5 out of 5 - pass me the moisturiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment