Friday 9 April 2021

The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club #1)by Richard Osman

 

“At least I have discovered that online dating is not for me. You can have too much choice in this world. And when everyone has too much choice, it is also much harder to get chosen. And we all want to be chosen.”



Richard Osman is probably best known as a comedian with appearances on various UK panel shows and probably the least likely candidate to be the next Agatha Christie, but sometimes the most unlikely person can really deliver.

When I read the premise about a group of pensioner sleuths I was in, I mean one has to have some aspirations for retirement! This novel was chosen for my bookclub and it perhaps wasn't the best choice for that format because there's not a lot to discuss. Its more one of those enjoyable reads that don't require much discussion, just comfortable enjoyment.

Possibly the perfect Mother's Day present, but equally appealing to all ages. Sign up for the Thursday Murder Club, not since Jessica Fletcher have the more mature sleuths out there had such intriguing exemplars.

5 out of 5 retirement homes wish they were this exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment