Friday 26 February 2021

Themes and Variations by David Sedaris

 


“If you think I’m putting my bra back on for this bullshit, you are so sorely mistaken.”

David Sedaris is an uncommonly good writer. He captures the crazy minutiae of the everyday in a way that is hysterically funny and consistently compelling. I was introduced to him by a guy who I used to be friends with. So, even friendships that end leave a positive residue - in this case familiarity with a fantastic writer.
I had the pleasure of meeting David Sedaris at two book signings with said ex-friend. His quips at those meetings and the adorable message he wrote in my book affirmed my undying love for Mr Sedaris. If you ever get the chance to see him live, do it!!
This rather brief essay is the antidote for the misery on your television screen. Turn off the news and hook into this.

5 out of 5 - definitely worth putting your bra on for.


No comments:

Post a Comment