Friday 2 October 2015

The Long Utopia by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter


"Frozen by shock, he took a jerky breath. The air was thin and smelled of metal, of dryness."

I had been counting down the days til the latest Long Earth saga arrived in my post box. Yes, I'm an avid - some might say too avid - internet shopper, particularly when it comes to books.Adding to my "to read pile", I had to make this one a priority, particularly with the recent passing of Terry Pratchett.
Where the earlier novels had really engaged my imagination, this one - while starting strong - kind of fizzled. I liked the notion of the change of direction - not only outwards into space but down and up and within time. That being said, the execution of the idea just really wasn't there. 



3 out of 5 flashes burn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment