Saturday 2 December 2017

A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks

"She'd married John because he was rich and because she felt he'd make few demands on her".

I'm actually quite a fan of Faulks and so was eager to devour this novel when the lovely Louise lent it to me. A rather contemporary setting with terrorism high on the agenda and a side dish of social commentary form the setting for this easily digestible. While the pace was great and I was drawn into the story, there was a real sense that something far more momentous would occur than ever did. It feels that this story got off one station too early and left me feeling a little frustrated. That being said, the journey was an interesting one and certainly had me engaged.Would I recommend this as a read? Certainly, although with reservations. This is one to pass the time on a bus, train or, like me at the car wash and while there are moments of deft social commentary, I just wanted a little more.


4 out of 5 is my car ready yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment