Sunday 21 January 2018

Fire and Fury Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff

"He was, after all, Donald Trump, however much you shined him up"

Have you ever worked anywhere with completely incompetent management, where ridiculous decisions based on threats and emotive outbursts are par for the course?  This book reminded me of some of the toxic workplaces I've been involved in before.Wolff paints Trump's early days in the White House as reminiscent of an episode of Veep and yet not as amusing.

I guess this is one of those "must-read" tomes that garner so much attention that you don't want to be the one left out by not reading it. Yes, I fell into that predictable camp. Did I learn anything particularly new? No. Was it entertaining? Mildly? Was it a disturbing confirmation of my thoughts about Trump - of course.

There's something slightly low key about the prose given the tone of the President's tweets and the title, which are not mutually exclusive.


3 out of 5, ticked that off the to be read list.


No comments:

Post a Comment