Thursday 12 July 2018

How to be Champion by Sarah Millican

"The people you love can come in many forms. Men, women or dogs."

Whenever I've seen Sarah on television, I've just had to sit by the screen and watch the entire spot. She is always a delight. When I heard she had a book released, I was desperate to get my claws on a copy and I was not disappointed.
Her personality which shines through on the stage, translates with equal appeal to the page.

I love the style of combining biography with a self-help book narrative. It is both self-deprecatory and affirming at the same time. That sounds contradictory and yet it just works and will leave you smiling. What's not to love about that?

When I really enjoy a particular comedian's work, I always find it a strange thing. It feels like you know this person who has aired all their dirty laundry for your amusement. It is a rather intimate interaction. This book only serves to amplify that sense of familiarity and further solidifies my appreciation for this fantastic, be-spectacled comedienne.

One day, i'd love to sit down with a nice cup of tea ( because she doesn't drink booze as you'll discover if you crack the pages) and have a real chat with Sarah. In the interim, I'm pretty satisfied with reading her book. 


5 out of 5 hearty belly laughs make the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment