Sunday 22 March 2020

The Courage to be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga

"I suppose its only natural you haven't heard of Adler."

Back in my naval gazing days, I downloaded this book to try and get a handle on my desire to please people and inability to say no for fear of offending people. Perhaps just recognising that fact was enough, because, frankly I didn't feel this book did much for me.
It's framed as a conversation between a scholar and philosopher and based on the teachings of German psychologist Alfred Adler.

Did I learn anything? I'm not sure I learnt anything I didn't know before and I found much within that conflicted. Ultimately this just confirmed my notion that self help books aren't really for me.


3 out of 5 navel gazers might find some fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment