Friday 17 April 2020

Nothing to See Here By Kevin Wilson

"I met Madison at a fancy girls' school hidden on a mountain in the middle of nowhere."


Ever so often you open the pages of a book, dive in and feel completely engrossed, this was one of those occasions.This great read has launched me head first into a reading renaissance and I'm 100% on board.
A girl from the wrong side of the tracks, Lillian, receives a scholarship to a prestigious girls' school, where she makes friends with the very well to do Madison. A favour sets their lives on different paths until they are reunited years later.
Madison has a baby boy and is about to take care of her senator husband's twin children from his first marriage. These are not ordinary children and Lillian might just be the answer to Madison's unusual problems.

The premise of this novel is so unlikely, a cross between Firestarter and The Nanny, and yet it works so well. The cover and the blurb had me a little incredulous, however, the recommendation from Chat10Looks3 was enough for me to grab a copy and I am ecstatic that I did.

In the words of Molly Meldrum " Do yourself a favour" and check this one out, it is surprisingly moving.





 5 out of 5 - the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment