Sunday 13 January 2013

I'm not scared - Niccolo Ammaniti

I was so scared, I had to stay up all night to finish it!

 

"The dead boy's skin was dirty,caked with mud and shit. He was naked. About the same height as me, but thinner. He was skin and bone. His ribs stuck out. He must be about my age."

 Another 1001 list book that proves I am on a roll with choosing interesting reads this year. The 225 pages flew by into the night as I immersed myself into the world of Michele and his little friends. Playing with his friends in the small village in which he lives, Michele chances upon a shock discovery and the reader is propelled into a climate of fear and edge of the seat suspense.
This is a dish best served clueless, so I will not go into detail about what happens. In the words of Molly Meldrum
"do yourself a favour"
and check this out, you really won't be disappointed. Ammaniti really captures the voice of a young child - tis amazing. This is perhaps getting a little predictable, but I'm going 5 out of 5 yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment