Sunday 13 January 2013

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

"After I returned to New Jersey, I thought I was safe, because I did not think Kenny G could leave the bad place, which I realise is silly now - because Kenny G is extremely talented and resourceful and a powerful force to be reckoned with."

 
I am one of those purists who loves to read the book before I see the movie. Having said that, it was the ads for the movie that prompted me to read the book - nothing like cross promotion!

I really loved this book, particularly all the references to classic novels. It is interesting to approach them from the point of view of the protagonist without preconceived notions. Pat People's journey back to normality after the "alone time" from his wife and the reasons behind it which he can't remember makes for a moving and compelling story.

If I had merely read the blurb of this book, I probably would not have picked it up and as such I would have really missed out on a delightful read. This is the antidote to a dose of the blues, and the perfect read for anyone who is driven mad by Kenny G. 5/5.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment