Thursday 26 November 2015

Soundless by Richelle Mead

"You can hear?"


I have been quite the fan of Ms Mead's work for some time now. So when I didn't give this particular piece of work the top score, it had more to do with judging the work in the context of her other fantastic stories. Richelle Mead is fantastic at delivering a fully realised series as the Vampire Academy and (my personal favourite) the Georgia Kincaid series.

Now back to this standalone offering. It is reminiscent of my love for Snakes Alive - the confectionary variety. That is to say that I enjoyed it but fell a little guilty afterwards. It is easy to swallow but not as fantastic as some of Mead's other stories. 

So much time was spent in exposition that I felt the pay off was a little short changed. If perhaps this became a series, then the story could develop more comprehensively. There were certainly some moments that drew me in and they made this an enjoyable experience.


4 out of 5 silent whispers.

No comments:

Post a Comment