Saturday 5 December 2015

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling


“As a thirteen-year-old, my big celebrity crush was Pierce Brosnan”

Mindy Kaling and I share, among other things, a healthy appreciation for the impressively hirsute chest of peak Bond era Pierce Brosnan. I admit to being a little late to the Mindy party and am disappointed I didn't discover her earlier - spoiler - she is  a hoot.

Whether querying the time it takes for a man to put on his shoes,  the joys of not being a sample size (except with the help of a tailor and some additional fabric), or the etiquette of karaoke, Mindy comes across a little bit like the hilarious best buddy you didn't even know you had.

Some little snippets cut way too close to the bone, let's not mention the narcissistic photos section. Let's hope we do see her soon, as the final chapter closes, and ooh it looks like I'll have to get a copy of Why Not Me?  her next offering.


5 out of 5 times a comedienne has made me think, yep, we could hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment