Sunday 12 August 2018

King Suckerman by George P Pelecanos

"Clay put on his shades; Karras put on his."

I've had some stressful work dealings of late, so I look forward to an escape through literature. This books just did not do it for me. It is all over the place stylistically and I hated the senseless violence and the objectification of women. They just seemed to be there purely as a source of nudity and mainly nipples. This guy is definitely a boob man.

I only read this novel due to its inclusion on a list of the 25 most stylish men in literature and to be honest I am a little perplexed as to how they got there with this one. The writing is sub-par and ultimately i just lacked any interest in the outcome of the action.

One of those moments when I thought to myself, hmm... I just need to finish the pages.


2 out of 5 times driving around the block with hoods ain't all it is cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment