Tuesday 20 November 2018

Black Butterfly (Lucifer Box #3) by Mark Gatiss


“All pleasure should be a little bent, don't you think?”


Well it has been quite a few days since I finished the final instalment of the Lucifer Box trilogy. I'm struggling to recall what happened. Poor Lucifer isn't getting any younger and it seems that spycraft is a young man's game. Enter... a young man, who seems most perplexing and rather tasty, and his name is Kingdom Kum ( I mean!!)
Anyway, Lucifer's old stalwarts are inconveniently being bumped off and it all has to do with the mysterious Black Butterfly. Will Lucifer retire.... will he make it out alive? What the heck is going on.?? Read on MacDuff and find out. Well no, not here, grab the book -  I'm not about to spoil it for you.
I've got to say I prefer the younger, more agile / virile Box from the first two novels. He's a little bit of a lame duck here and I found that frustrating ( as did he during the narrative).
In short.. still good, just not as good as the others. So worth exploring and what a gorgeous cover!

4 out of 5 butterflies are normal under stress.



No comments:

Post a Comment