Monday 18 March 2013

Guilty Pleasures - Laurell K Hamilton


"I kept waiting for Bela Lugosi to sweep around the corner in his cape"


I know you are shaking your head at me dear reader, wondering when I will be over my paranormal reading obsession. It is true, I find it hard to back away from a vampire novel. Fortunately for me, this is an excellent one and now I'm destined to launch headfirst into another lengthy series.

It feels weird to be writing this review from my hotel room in New Zealand after a day in some serious sunshine, tasting some delightful wines and enjoying the scenery of Waiheke Island. Yes, I'm just rubbing that in - I will stop now!

Guilty Pleasures, as the name suggests, is indeed a tasty morsel worth savouring and worth the blush that might stain the reader's face as the cover is judged by those overlooking it. It is the tale of feisty vampire hunter Anita Blake and her efforts to solve the puzzling murders of vampires within her city. Apparently this is the first in a series and I am eager to get my hands on more. Did I mention that Anita can raise the dead - albeit briefly? I am not going to spoil it for you any further, just check it out, you can say fangs later.  5 out of 5 vampire bites later.

No comments:

Post a Comment