Saturday 23 March 2013

The Laughing Corpse - Laurell K Hamilton

"It was like having a degree in ancient Greek or the Romantic Poets, interesting, enjoyable, but then what the hell can you do with it?"

 
I have a bit of a confession to make. I should be reading my university notes, I really should be. I have been distracted by my growing crush on master vampire, Jean-Claude. He is a cool drink of icy cold vampire hotness - that doesn't even make sense! So, after completing the first Anita Blake novel, I greedily sped on to volume 2 and was not disappointed.

While the first novel is all about the slaying of vampires, Anita turns voodoo scary in book two as her re-animation powers take flight. We learn that dead zombie bits don't mix with penguin toys and that some of the scariest creatures in town are actually human.
Throw in a wheelchair bound prostitute, a ruthless and powerful potential client for Anita and a mysteriously murderous zombie and there is action aplenty.While there is not nearly enough Jean-Claude to go around, this entertaining novel is certain not to disappoint.  5 out of 5 supernatural points.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment