Monday 4 March 2013

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

"But it's traditional that young heirs seeking their destiny get help from mysterious old women gathering wood, and she wasn't about to buck tradition."


A mixed up Macbeth style plot gives Pratchett plenty of meat to grind his teeth into. The usual froth and frolic of Discworld shenanigans ensues. Funny one liners, death's back in capitals and a big smile remains on my face.
I vaguely remember reading this book a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but have since revisited it in line with trying to get through all the Discworld books. If I was grading them so far this would not be my favourite, yet it is entertaining stuff and nonsense, so no complaints.
Perhaps I'm just a little Macbeth'd out - I've seen the Scottish play around 5 times in the past 2 years - or so it seems.

In any case its a  4 out of 5 bubble toil and troubles from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment