Monday 19 February 2018

The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman

"He'd spent too long searching for new kingdoms. He wanted to make one of his own, a magical place, a place like Fillory."

All good things come to an end. As such, I've now completed the trilogy and have only good things to say about my time spent with The Magicians.  Sure it started out as a slightly sexier version of Hogwarts  hi jinks, crossed with a little Narnia  style adventure. Come to think of it, that makes for a winning combination for this over grown child and constant dreamer. I couldn't wait to finish work today and catch the ferry today so that I could escape to its mystical pages. I only had about ten to go and things were getting particularly hectic. As usual with Quentin's adventures, there's an apocalypse always around the corner.

Did I also mention there's a criminal caper of the Ocean's Eleven  variety - well if that was peopled by persons whose skill set was firmly entrenched in the magical sphere. A talking bird can really lead you astray.

I don't want to give too much away. If you've navigated the first two volumes of this series, then the third one is equally charming. Enjoy fantasy lovers, sadly its back to reality for me.


 5 out of 5 - goodbye mystical realm, it has been fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment