Tuesday 28 May 2019

The Jane Austen Project by Kathleen A. Flynn




“I am not entirely persuaded that selling a book is like selling a pig.”

Lately I have been without a laptop and it has been an almost unbearable pain. As such my reviewing capability has been severely impeded! I know you are just dying to know what I’ve been reading… and who am I to let you down?
I’m working my way through a top 5 list of Jane Austen adjacent novels and the premise for this one is fabulous. Imagine having the technology to go back in time and potentially retrieve a lost work by one of your literary idols. Crazy!
When Rachel and Liam do exactly that, they can hardly foresee the impact they might have on the future. Rachel is a Doctor in the future and Liam pretends to be one under her tutelage. Their entrée into the Austen family is Jane’s ailing brother. The adventurous time travellers will need all their cunning and fake currency to inveigle themselves into Jane Austen’s world. As if that’s not distracting enough…. The rather comely Liam is a source of romantic distraction and the world will never be the same.

Such a delight. If you adore time travel tales and are secretly a literary nerd – this is the ticket!!

 5 out of 5 trips backwards can trip you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment