Friday 20 December 2019

A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde


"All Americans lecture, I believe.  I suppose it is something in their climate."

I have located the source ladies and gentlemen. The mother load of Oscar Wilde quotes that don't spring from The Importance of Being Earnest  or  Lady Windermere's Fan. A scandalous secret, a beautiful American, and a weekend in the country for the Upper class.
The text is a delight and I can't understand why this particular play gets relegated in relation to some of Wilde's more famous works.

Difficult to provide a lengthy response here, the play is a mere ninety pages or so, just eminently enjoyable and quotable.


 5 out of 5 "Every woman is a rebel, and usually in wild revolt against herself." - I love Oscar Wilde. 

No comments:

Post a Comment