Saturday 4 January 2020

Ayoade on Top by Richard Ayoade


"Sliding Doors  is a film that asks us to have sympathy for someone who works in PR, and shows that whether you catch the tube or not, you will never get away from John Hannah."

In preparation for reading this latest effort from the always entertaining, Richard Ayoade, I watched the subject film - View From the Top. In case you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the very average film before reading this treatise on it.



Yes, you might think I've wasted one hour and twenty seven minutes of your life and perhaps you would be right. But then, dear reader, crack open Ayoade's book and prepare to laugh yourself silly as I did.

Is there really anything more I can say? Ayoade is at his acerbic best and with such fertile source material - I mean the section with the bikini clip is pure gold - you know you will see his comic genius take flight.

5 out of 5 - don't read this on public transport or people will seriously wonder why you're laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment