Saturday 4 January 2020

Mr Salary by Sally Rooney

"My suitcase was ugly and I was trying to carryout with a degree of irony."


On my quest to hit some easy wins in trying to reach my reading challenge number for the year, I settled on the short Faber stories series. I enjoyed Sally Rooney's Normal People, and decided to explore this little sliver. The dexterity of the author is immediately obvious in the way she can turn a mere 48 pages into an emotional journey.

 While you might knock this tale over on the journey to work, that isn't to diminish it in any way.
The heightened emotions of an emotional entanglement that turns physical despite many reasons why it should not, is delivered in an impressive fashion,

The fact that Rooney is so young makes me feel a) like a failure and b) hopeful that she has many more interesting works to come.

 4 out of 5 guys that pick you up from the airport that don't work for uber are unusual.


No comments:

Post a Comment