Friday 2 January 2015

Yes Please by Amy Poehler



“Drink­ing and dri­ving is the ab­solute worst, be­cause un­like doing coke in your base­ment while you teach your­self gui­tar, you could kill some­one else”


I didn’t expect to enjoy this even more than her comedy counterpart’s recent book BossyPants, but I did. Amy seems like the kind of crazy I’d enjoy hanging out with.

Amy is self deprecatory, effusive in her praise for her friends and colleagues and of course, down right funny. The photographs and mementoes included are destined to bring a smile to your face. I loved the the time travelling swim suit too.

The section on the mobile phone reminds me so much of myself, that and the reaction to the Haitian chauffeur.

My first book read for 2015 and what a positive start to the year! Perhaps I should have had writing more insightful reviews as my resolution, but who keeps those anyway.

5 out of 5, yes I’ll have what she’s having.




No comments:

Post a Comment