Thursday 23 July 2015

Angel Time by Anne Rice


"His success as a killer derived in no small part from the fact that tall and graceful as he was, blessed with beauty as he was, he didn't look like anyone in particular."

I know you’re asking yourself why? Why is a confirmed atheist reading a book about Angels? Well I love a good story and I do love a good fantasy story. Having been, in the past, a massive fan of Anne Rice’s vampire works, I thought I’d give this series a try.

Apparently, given that this novel was first published in 2009,  I'm a little late to the party. The initial parts of the book were far more interesting to me, the present day action introducing the assassin, Toby O'Dare.

The central premise of the series occurs upon Toby's meeting with Malchiah an angel, who proposes to utilise the assassin's skills throughout history to help with his angelic efforts.
That's about where my interest started to derail. Nonetheless,  I persevered. It will be interesting to see where the next novel in the series takes this.


3 out of 5 seraphim are just too goody two shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment