Sunday 10 January 2021

The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey with Michaela Angela Davis

 

"He was fun, fine, and just the thing to lick my wounds."

To be completely honest, this was kind of exactly what I expected. As overblown as a Spanish telenovela with a massive selection of hyperbole. In summary her life was difficult, her first marriage felt like prison ( she calls their house 'Sing Sing') and the last chapter is where the name dropping occurs.
I'm not sure I learnt anything I really wanted to. No dirt on James Packer, only sledging of Tommy Mottola. Everything seemed like a Hallmark Movie of the week and the italicised 'dahling' drove me batty. 
I enjoy more backstage gossip, but Mariah paints herself as more of a bird in a gilded cage who is now breaking free, minus a lot of exciting detail.


1 out of 5 - one for the fans I suspect.





1 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment