Tuesday 1 January 2019

Agatha Raisin and the Deadly Dance by M.C. Beaton

"Agatha was addicted to falling in love."

I'm on holidays at the moment and keen to catch up on my backlog of reading and reviewing. Naturally I've found myself, at times, stuck waiting for this and that, resorting to reading on my mobile phone. Thankfully, I could fully immerse myself in the world of Agatha Raisin once again and not suffer any sort of impatience.

Finally, Agatha is focused on opening her own detective agency - about time, I mean this is book 15! In any case, running a successful detective agency isn't quite what she expects and she is going to need help. Thankfully, her friend, Mrs Bloxby suggests she talk to her new neighbour to act as a new secretary and gets way more than she bargains for.

James Lacey is well out of the picture with Mrs Emma Comfrey, widow and retired, civil servant having overtaken his house as the new owner. Her skills as a  secretary and then sleuth are initially an asset to the fledgling agency, especially when death threats against an acquaintance of the charming Sir Charles Fraith bring new business.

The action is frenetic and at times distracting from my interest in the relationships between the characters. Nevertheless, this is a charming tale and I'm eager to dive into the next one. Mind you, Aggie needs a new love interest... stat.

5 out of 5 weddings go off with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment